Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I would like to stay in the subject of coffee, as it is one of the best things to talk about ;)

About two years ago first "Columbus coffee" was opened in Szczecin. It's owners decided to create a whole chain that would be competitive to Starbucks of Coffee heaven. They succeeded. You think I should be happy for the success of the people from my hometown...well I'm not. They sell products of a very low quality, their black coffee has nothing to do with a real black coffee, their idea of a business is to get students who will do their job for very little money so that you can save up and open more cafes all over the country. Right now there are 18 of them, in Poznań too. I'm not saying that they're terrible and that they should not exist - it's still a good place to go with a friend, drink coffee and talk. All I want to say is that there should be more small, independent cafes with people who treat coffee as their passion and not only as money making. I guess you don't have that problem in Poznań - I've seen many different cafes, not only the most popular ones.

3 comments:

  1. I really dislike the taste of the designer coffee offered at Starbucks, for instance. Really, you just have to go and have a cuppa every now and again, because the quality is not a steady thing - I remember going to McDonalds a few years back to have some coffee with my friends, because it was amazing. After only a few months the quality changed and now it tastes like dirt :/


    I like the low-key coffee shops which offer different ways of serving coffee (for instace, Lawenda in Poznan offers latte with rose/violet/lavender syrup and lavender petals). I'm still looking for a place where the plain coffee is of a great quality. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't go there often, but the coffee is really good and the place is really special: Bigfoot Coffee Shop in Pasaż Apollo, not far from Collegium Novum. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete