Sunday, March 1, 2015

If you see me this week at the university (I'm finally back, so there's a chance we'll see each other) and I seem sleepy, or even unconscious, I have an explanation : House of Cards is finally back!
Netflix did a very stupid thing releasing all the episodes at once. I'll probably finish watching them by the end of this week.
I don't watch many tv series, they are very time consuming and addictive and I don't even look for new ones so that I wouldn't be tempted to watch them all day long. Anyway, once my mom was watching HoC on the TV and I couldn't resist. I even organised House of Cards marathon and I watched it all night. So now the time has finally come for the third season and I watch it whenever I can. Many people think it's silly, not realistic and very "American", but I don't care, I watch it anyway.

Lately I haven't been posting and new words, so today a little longer list :

abjure - to reject, renounce (To
acerbic - biting, bitter in tone or taste 
acumen - the ability to think clearly and make good decisions
antipathy - a strong dislike, repugnance 
aspersion - a curse, expression of ill-will
assiduous - hard-working, diligent
blandish - to coax by using flattery 
boon - a gift or blessing
burnish - to polish, shine 
cacophony - tremendous noise, disharmonious sound 
calumny - an attempt to spoil someone else’s reputation by spreading lies

3 comments:

  1. Are these words from HoC? They certainly fit the bill! I'm in the middle of the second season (far behind you), but I like keeping it slow. Binge watching is not very good for you, Agnieszka! ;) Also, it doesn't alllow you time to think between episodes, which I like. I hope you'll have had some sleep before our Englishlesson tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the words are from another website with some difficult words, I just google them every time. But maybe after watching HoC my subconsciousness choose them accidentally ;)
    Unfortunately I've already finished third season and I have to wait all year for another one. But there's a bright side - I won't be wasting my time as much as I did for the last three days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. House of Cards is finally back. Yes, yes, yes!!!

    Btw, you didn't seem so sleepy. :)

    ReplyDelete