Monday, October 12, 2015

Do you guys like tennis?
I used to play it for few years, but my arms are so weak right now that I can play no longer than 30 minutes. I still love watching it, though. That's why I've decided to read Agassi's autobiography "Open". My friend recommended it to me few years ago but I've never come across this book when I was in the library and somehow over the years I forgot about it. But 3 weeks ago I visited my friend in Warsaw and found this book on a flee market. The great thing is that I bought an English version, so that I don't miss out on anything that could have been lost in translation. Agassi is one of the best tennis players of all time, and one of the most controversial ones as well. I don't want to get into details as I would love for you to read this book, I just want to say that it's fascinating to read what tennis looks like from players' perspective.


2 comments:

  1. I also prefer watching tennis matches. Andre Agassi....I suppose that's about doping scandals?... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know his story a bit: his father's role in his career, his lack of passion for tennis - how was it possible to achieve so much despite all that?! I can imagine the book must be fascinating reading. I'm proud of you for having read it in English - well done!!!

    ReplyDelete