Friday, January 30, 2015

I'm writing this post on my way to Szczecin (having a mobile internet finally pays off - I've never used it until today, I can save some time and take a rest when I get home). Normally I prefer to read books and listen to the music, but this time I came up with an idea for a post and I want to share something with you immediately.
Last week I bought a book called "Runners life"in our cafeteria (that's what I love about this place, every time I go there I have an instant need for lecture). This time I made a great choice, this book is just perfect!
I like running from time to time. I'd love to develop my running skills but every time I try to improve and run more, I immediately get sick and need to stay in bed for at least two days. That is why I find my latest lecture so interesting. This book was written by a runner, and by runner I mean a guy who has been running his whole life and really know what it's all about. He gives some very practical clues how to improve and how to work on your body. I don't need any source of motivation because running is so awesome I can't imagine my life without it, but if you need to find a reason to get out of bed and force yourself to get sore muscles, sweat and pain, you will find it in this book.

3 comments:

  1. It's really great that you go running. For me, it has always been a torture, even though around the time I went to middle school and secondary school, I was definitely more athletic than nowadays. If you like reading about sports, I would recommend some books written by Wojciech LipoĊ„ski, a professor of our alma mater (he's a legend), namely some encyclopaedias and such.

    As for your getting ill when running, I would recommend taking propolis. Ever since I started taking them, I haven't been down with cold, and that's more than 8 months now. Even when I should have gotten sick because I practically walked in a freezing rain with no umbrella for 50 minutes, I only got a slight headache and nothing more. Also, try not to take medication when you're down with a cold, just calcium, vitamin C would do. After a few times, your body will learn to defend itself and then heal itself in no time at all.



    I am not trying to preach, please don't take it like that. But I was a person that used to fall ill with bronchitis 5 times a year for many years and I think that if something worked for me, it would work for anyone.


    PS. Avoid dairy products when ill. It's all I'm saying :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know, thanks! I could use any advice, I never know what to do when I get sick, I just stay in bed and complain a lot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus I've never heard of propolis! I'll definitely try that

    ReplyDelete