Wednesday, January 21, 2015

There's so much going on lately that I have no idea what to write about this week, and since our test is coming I've decided to combine writing a post with my learning process. I prepared some words that I find really hard to memorise and I want to share them with you. I don't know how on earth am I going to learn them by heart and recall them tomorrow, apparently authors of our workbook did a great job when they decided to put together such ridiculous words as creaking or crackling. So there you go : 


with no regard for reality check  - it's not that hard, my only problem is to memorize the preposition

staggering - I was proud enough to learn such sophisticated words as "astonishing" of "bewildering" and there's another synonym, even more difficult to learn

dwindling and dwelling - come on! they are so similar, I keep repeating "dwindling resources" but than some stupid voice in my head changes it again into "dwelling resources" - I'm pretty sure sth like this does not exist

implement and impending - well this is just mean. I know they aren't even the same part of speech, but still, they are so hard to learn.

trickle - I don't even know how to name it in Polish, there are few words describing it, but all of them seem inadequate

and finally, my favourite : 

creaking and crakling - I try to link one of them up with eating and another one with a monster coming out of a wardrobe and doing a creaking sound, but they still make me go crazy

1 comment:

  1. I see that we have the same problem with memorising some English words especially if it comes to dwindling and dwelling or creaking and crakling ;)

    ReplyDelete