Sunday, January 4, 2015

Whenever I want to relax I face a very complicated problem : should I discover a new movie or should I watch one of my favourites? I love that type of problems, I could have them every day if only I had time.
I want to share with you one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. It fits perfectly my type of sensibility, it's music touches me to my very core and I have to watch it at least twice a year (this rule is as important as the rule of watching "Home alone" every Christmas). It's called "Once".
I'm not going to talk about the plot, there's no point in that, you just have to sit down with a huge mug of hot coffee, cover yourself with a huge blanket and watch.






If you like them and want to discover more, this is the song from their last album "Strict joy".





My new year's resolution is to develop my language skills (both English and French), so I'll post here few new words that I will force myself to learn and never forget. Enjoy!

disconcerting - causing one to feel unsettled
errant - travelling in search of adventure
emblazoned - decorated, ornamented
billow - a large mass of something, typically smoke, cloud or steam
sprawl - a carelessly relaxed position in which one's arms and legs are spread out

4 comments:

  1. Agnieszka, your blog would look much better if you learned how to embed YouTube videos into it. Try the following: in the editing window look for the "Insert a video" icon, click on it, paste a YouTube url address into the search window (under the "From YouTube" tab), and then select the video you want. It's much easier than it sounds, believe me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip, I had no idea that was so easy!

      Delete
  2. Here's a great exercise on hyphonating - chorus from one of the songs from "Once":

    Ooooh Broken Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guyyyy :D

    I have a vague idea on where to put the first one... Help?

    P.S. I really enjoy "When Your Mind's Made Up". I love how it accelerates and builds into a crescendo. I get very emotional whenever I listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I love it too, but the best "accelerating" song is "Leave", the way he screams in the end is just perfect.

      Delete