Monday, January 5, 2015

Recently I'm trying to get back on the track with my studies. As always I start with the most important task - choosing the perfect music for studying. This rules out every polish song, because polish lyrics distract me. Another type of songs not suitable for studying is pop. Everything you can hear on the radio is being played to entertain and as we know studying is not the most entertaining task in the world, so these two don't really combine. One radio that can pass is Chill Zet, but it makes me too sleepy to stay motivated. What I do, is take my father's CDs and search for jazz. That's how I discovered Pat Metheny. He's a brilliant guitar player, he recorded millions of CDs and most of them I really adore. Check out "Secret story" of "Imaginary day". You may know him from his cooperation with Anna Maria Jopek, the single promoting their CD was "Tam gdzie nie sięga wzrok".
His music is perfect to relax, to go on a long trip (me and my parents used to listen to him all the time during holidays, when we were stuck in a traffic for example) and to learn. Give it a try!





Another words for today :
blunt - someone who says what he really thinks,even if it may hurt sb or is impolite
brash - annoyingly loud, overconfident
callous - cruel and heartless
fickle - not faithful or loyal to friends
meticulous - someone who is really careful about what he does, paying attention to small details
squeamish - someone who doesn't like the sight of unpleasant things such as blood
sullen - someone who is bad tempered and do not speak much

1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy looking up the word lists that you put at the end of every post :) I find them very useful, I can learn something from reading your blog apart from enjoying it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete